We are fully committed to providing an environment in which volunteers are able to realise their full potential and contribute to the success of the charity regardless of their backgrounds or beliefs. We welcome applications from all volunteers who will be considered solely on their ability to carry out their roles.
Royal Free Hospital
We are looking to welcome volunteer roles for the following areas:
● Wards Supporting the housekeeper and mealtimes and providing patient companionship. Daily (am/pm plus evenings)
● Shop trolley Returning soon, our volunteers will be in pairs, visiting wards and selling items to patients and staff. Monday-Friday (am/pm).
● Charity information/enquiry desk To provide support by answering patient and visitor enquires and giving directions, as well as promoting our news and fundraising opportunities. Monday-Friday (am/pm).
● Infant feeding Support Maternity dept. Requires volunteers to support new mums and infant feeding. Training and support will be provided. Daily (am/pm).
● Massage Therapy Volunteers With relevant qualifications, our complementary therapy team require volunteer support in providing massage therapy to patients and staff at Barnet and Royal Free hospitals. Monday-Friday.
● Royal Free gardening volunteers We’re looking for experienced gardeners to join our established team, to tend and expand the wonderful gardens of the Royal Free Hospital and Pears Building. Weekend support required.
Barnet and Chase Farm hospitals
Do you play a musical instrument? Would you like to come to Barnet, Chase Farm or the Royal Free hospital to play for the staff, patients and visitors, either as a one off or on a regular basis? If you are interested please contact: [email protected].
Do you own a registered Therapy Dog? We have a small number of volunteers who currently visit our staff and patients with their therapy dogs, they are so popular and we would love to recruit more. If your pet is registered with a charity such as Pets As Therapy or TheraPaws and you would be interested in visiting one of our hospital sites, please contact: [email protected] for more information.
For Chase Farm Hospital, we are seeking patient partners for our endoscopy service and urgent treatment centre and are looking for volunteers who will work with department leads to improve services for our patients. Patient Partners will form a patient partnership council that will act as the voice for patients across Chase Farm Hospital. You can help us provide the best care possible, focused on the needs of patients just like you. Interested and want to know more? Contact the patient experience team: [email protected].
Get in touch
Barnet or Chase Farm hospitals
If you’d like to know more about the opportunity above, then please contact:
Sarah Greenwood [email protected]
If you’d like to apply directly to Barnet then please register your interest here.
If you’d like to apply directly to Chase Farm then please register your interest here.
The difference we make
Volunteers bring compassion and support to patients receiving end-of-life care
Paying tribute to our volunteers who bring compassion and support to patients receiving end-of-life care and to families experiencing bereavement.find out more >
Two years of supporting our hospitals through the COVID-19 pandemic
It’s been over two years since the first COVID-19 patient was admitted to the Royal Free Hospital. Since then, thanks to our supporters and volunteers, we’ve been able to go beyond NHS funding to help…find out more >
Want to find out what it's like to be a volunteer with us?
Visit our blog about Royal Free Charity volunteers and the difference they make.find out more >