NHS Birthday SkydiveSunday 4th July 2021
Jump for joy and help celebrate the NHS Birthday this July with an experience of a lifetime.
Imagine standing at the edge of an open doorway in an aircraft flying at 10,000 feet – the noise of the engines and the wind ringing in your ears with only the outline of distant fields below. Now imagine leaning forward out of that doorway and letting go – falling forward into the clouds, diving down through the air as you start freefalling at over 120mph! Then imagine the peace and quiet as the canopy opens, the steering toggles come down either side of you and you begin a tranquil parachute descent from a mile up in the air, steering yourself back down to the centre of the drop zone below.
Jump Day: Sunday 4th July 2021
Booking Fee: £70
Jump costs: FREE if you raise £395 excluding Gift Aid before your jump date.
About your jump
- Jump and training completed in one day
- Harnessed to an experienced parachute instructor at all times
- Jump from at least 10,000 feet – just like the professionals
- Freefall down to 5,000 feet – falling through the air at 120 mph!
- Ride the parachute down to the ground – we teach you how to steer onto the drop zone
- Landing controlled by your instructor
- Certificate to prove that you have completed a ‘two-mile high’ Tandem Skydive!
What does the jump involve?
Technically the jump is called a ‘Tandem Skydive’. It is a Skydive because you will be freefalling through the air (without the parachute deployed) for several thousand feet; it is in Tandem because you will be harnessed to a professional parachute instructor at all times throughout the descent.
How do I fundraise?
Set up your skydive fundraising page at www.justgiving.com/royalfree Here you can write about what you are doing and why and start saying thank you to the NHS by being part of the NHS birthday jump.
In order to resume skydiving, and Skyline are operating in accordance with the latest U.K. Government guidance. You can find information on the new protocols here.