Apply for funding
We oversee charitable expenditure of about £6m each year. We award between 40-60 grants each year under four themed areas: patient experience, staff, experience, research and development, and clinical services.
To apply for a grant your proposal must be for the benefit of patients or staff at the RFL NHS Foundation Trust, and must fit under one of the four themes:
1. Patient Experience
2. Staff Experience
3. Research & Development
4. Clinical Services/medical equipment
If in doubt we can send you a one page ‘grant expression of interest’ form which will be used to quickly assess and feedback if your project meets eligibility criteria before completing a full application form.
Grants cannot be awarded to support:
• Any item or project that should be funded by the NHS of from a departmental budget
• An item or project that has already been purchased or completed (no retrospective funding)
• Payments to individuals
• Staff hospitality: meetings, travel, or entertainment expenses
• Any item or project that could be funded by an existing Special Purpose Fund
• We are not able to support individual L&D requests
PhD grant programme
Unfortunately at this time, we are not running a PhD programme in 2021. We do anticipate being able to run the programme in future, please check back in 2022.