Welfare Rights Adviser and Triage Officer
19 January 2024
Salary £30,000 – £32,455 per annum – subject to skills and experience
Hours of work 37.5 hours a week over five days. We will consider part-time applicants if two successful applicants agree to job share. Pro-rata hours (one day a week in person).
Base Hybrid working for the foreseeable future, with three days a week in person (RFC office: Pears Building or the Royal Free Hospital) and two days remote.
We are seeking an ambitious and talented welfare rights adviser and triage officer to join their support hub team.
The welfare rights adviser & triage officer will report to the welfare rights supervisor.
In this role, you will triage all referrals we get into the support hub and take a small number on as casework.
You will be supporting people affected by long term health issues with financial challenges, supporting with benefit and housing advice, and referring on for further support where appropriate.
The support hub team is here to support people affected by long term health conditions (patients and carers); to help with the practicalities of living with a chronic condition, with the aim of improving wellbeing and quality of life. We are here to transform patient experience and NHS staff experience and change lives for the better.
The Royal Free Charity stands at the threshold of its most important period of development.
Our vision is for everyone served by the Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust (RFL) to have access to world-leading healthcare, delivered by a thriving workforce, and driven by medical research that has a global impact. We support the 10,000 staff of the RFL and their 1.6 million patients across Barnet, Chase Farm and Royal Free hospitals and more than 30 NHS services.
Through the services we provide, and the programmes and equipment we fund, we make a profound and immediate difference to patients’ experiences of care.
The recruitment process
To apply for this post, send to [email protected] your:
- CV (please include your last employer and dates of employment).
- Cover letter addressing how you meet the criteria set out in the job description and person specification.
- Completed Equal Opportunity Form.
Please note, that applications submitted without a cover letter will not be considered for this role.
Closing date for application: Monday 12 February 2024,12 noon.
Interview date: Friday 23 February 2024.
You must be eligible to work in the UK
As an equal opportunities’ employer, the Royal Free Charity is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join the Royal Free Charity.
- 25 days of paid holiday, plus three-day office closure rest period between Christmas and New Year, and UK bank holidays. This increases to 30 days leave after five completed years of continuous employment (all leave is pro rata for part time employees).
- A contributory pension scheme, where we match your 4% contribution towards your pension. If you choose to increase your payments into your pension scheme, we’ll match your contribution up to 9%.
- A sick pay package that offers one month’s full pay and one month’s half pay in any 12-month period if you’ve been with us for less than two years. This rises to two months’ full pay and two months’ half pay in any 12-month period after two years of continuous employment.
- Occupational maternity pay and paternity pay packages that provide more generous support than statutory pay alone.
- A flexible working policy to support our employees’ work/life balance.
Support for your financial wellbeing
As a member of the Royal Free family, you’ll be entitled to benefit from:
- Expert financial advice from our financial partner, the London Credit Union
- Savings on purchases with the Blue Light Card
- Our Death in Service benefit
Support for your health and wellbeing
- Gym, pool and classes at our Rec Club in Hampstead
- Secure bicycle parking and shower facilities at our Hampstead site
- Running club
- Monthly guided meditation
- Free massage therapy from our complementary therapy team
- Menopause peer support group
- Employee Assistance Programme offering 24-hour access to free confidential advice and support on work and personal issues.
Should you require more information regarding this post, please contact our office at 020 7472 6677.
Find out more about working life at the Royal Free Charity in our short video: https://youtu.be/mVQ0Bcj-ftk